Members Kim Gould and Teresa Krikorian helped assemble a spooky and tasty treat table for the October board meeting.
One of the largest fundraisers of the year, Trash to Treasure, raised over $20,000.
On September 21, The Out to Lunch Bunch celebrated Kay Kaia's 95th birthday at Sakura Chaya. The fried rice heart was a special creation in her honor.
The object of this organization shall be self-improvement and civic, state and national betterment.
Club Colors: Green and White
Emblem: The Fig Leaf
Our Mission Statement
The Fig Garden Woman's Club seeks to provide social and educational activities for members and to better the community through the awarding of college scholarships and the financing of philanthropic projects. The Fig Garden Woman's Club is an organization formed under the California Federation of Women's Clubs and the General Federation of Women's Clubs and is a federal tax-exempt organization under Internal Revenue Code Section 501 (c) (3).
The Club was founded on March 9, 1921 by thirteen women who lived on ranches in the northwest part of Fresno. They valued friendship and civic improvement of their community. By 1926 they earned enough money to build their own Clubhouse on land donated by Mr. J.C. Forkner on Van Ness Boulevard, and in 1987 the Clubhouse was named an Historical site. Today, over 150 women work together using their gifts and talents to support and enhance the growth and development of the community. FGWC is also part of a larger group, the Federation of Woman's Clubs. Through unity and hard work, much has been accomplished.