4550 North Van Ness Boulevard, Fresno, California
P.O. Box 5012, Fresno, CA 93755
Our Mission Statement
The Fig Garden Woman's Club seeks to provide social and educational activities for members and to better the community through the awarding of college scholarships and the financing of philanthropic projects.
The Fig Garden Woman's Club is an organization formed under the California Federation of Women's Clubs and the General Federation of Women's Clubs and is a federal tax-exempt organization under Internal Revenue Code, section 501(c)(3).
The Club was founded on March 9, 1921, by thirteen women who lived on ranches in the northwest part of Fresno. They valued the friendship and civic improvement of their community. By 1926 they earned enough money to build their own Clubhouse on land donated by Mr. J.C. Forkner on Van Ness Boulevard, and in 1987 the Clubhouse was named a Historical site.
Today, over 150 women work together using their gifts and talents to support and enhance the growth and development of the community. FGWC is also part of a larger group, the Federation of Woman's Clubs. Through unity and hard work, much has been accomplished.
Organized March 1921
General Federation of Woman's Club May 1921
California Federation of Woman's Club 1936
Incorporated, April 29, 1948
The object of this organization shall be self-improvement and civic, state and national betterment.
Home and Community
Green and White
The Fig Leaf