Potential members may be invited by a current member to attend a luncheon. Current membership is 174 but new members are added monthly. Potential members can also review the important facts about the Club listed below, as well as fill out the application and interest questionnaire (also below). Please return the application to Membership Chair (currently Christine Monahan).
IMPORTANT FACTS FOR MEMBERS TO KNOW ABOUT FIG GARDEN WOMAN’S CLUB
1. Fig Garden Woman’s Club is an active member of the world’s largest and oldest volunteer service organization -- The General Federation of Women’s Clubs and the California Federation of Women's Clubs.
2. FGWC is in Area B, San Joaquin Valley District.
3. FGWC supports the arts, promotes education, encourages healthy lifestyles, stresses civic involvement, preserves national resources and works towards peace and human understanding.
4. FGWC responds to community needs by offering local scholarships and making contributions to worthwhile organizations.
5. Reasonable attendance and active service are required during the club year. Minimum service shall consist of working on one fund raising activity; in addition, all members are expected to work on the Trash and Treasure Days fund raiser.
6. FGWC expresses its appreciation to the community by presenting an Art and Flower Show each Spring. Also, by serving cookies, coffee and hot chocolate at a Christmas Tree Lane walk each year.
7. Interest groups available for member participation include Book Club, Bridge Marathon, Knitting & Needles, and many others. Groups continue to be established as member interest dictates.
8. The FGWC membership directory lists members, officers, monthly activities, standing rules and By-Laws. This directory is referred to as The Handbook and you are asked to familiarize yourself with it.
9. The Fig Leaf is the monthly newsletter and is designed to keep members aware of current events and special concerns. You are asked to read it regularly and to contribute to it.
10. The FGWC clubhouse is a Fresno County Historical Site as well as a California Point of interest and we are very proud of it.
CLICK BELOW TO VIEW NEW MEMBER INTEREST QUESTIONNAIRE